R&R Productions' Demolition Derby
ONLY OWNERS, DRIVERS, OR MECHANICS (limited) WILL BE PERMITTED IN PIT AREA.
DRIVER ENTRY FEE: $25.00 (NO REFUNDS)
All pit passes are $10.00 plus general fair admission. No personal checks.
Rules and Regulations
A. Each driver must fill out a entry blank.
B. All rules and regulations must be observed. Track operators or promoters reserve the
right to approve or reject any and all entries.
C. Only owners, drivers, or mechanics will be permitted in the pit area or on the track. Entry
Fee $25.00 (No Refunds.) This covers driver only. All pit passes are $10.00. No
D. No cars permitted on the track before the heat they are to participate in.
E. Members of the auto demolition derby are not employees of the track operators or the
promoter of the Demolition Derby
F. No alcoholic beverages allowed. Drivers that are drinking will be disqualified.
Breathalyzer tests may be given.
G. Tires must be stock size, 4 Ply only, no inner liner, no truck tires, no snow or mud
threads, no doughnuts.
H. No Chrysler Imperials allowed.
I. No antifreeze allowed. No Freon.
J. No welding. Drivers door may have a piece of flat steel ¼” x 4”. No longer than driver's
door plus 4”. You may use a chain behind drivers seat.
K. Electric fuel pumps allowed in original gas tanks as long as the seal is not broken. Any
fuel lines in drivers compartment must be inside conduit. All electric fuel pumps must
have a power shut-off switch. No Exceptions.
1. Drivers must be 16 years of age. Drivers under 18 years of age must have a notarized waiver
signed by their parent of guardian.
2. All drivers must supply their own cars. Entries limited to two cars per driver.
3. All drivers and cars must be entered and at the track 2 hours before the scheduled
starting time of the derby.
4. Enter Early! There will be a fifty car limit per derby. Drivers may enter all derbies.
5. Any driver not obeying the rules will be disqualified.
6. Paint your number on each side of your car in large, bright colors. (Call Crystal at
540.468.2179 to reserve your number.)
1. Any American made stock hardtop automobile or station wagon is allowed. No trucks,
jeeps, etc. will be allowed. No Diesels. No 4-Wheel drives.
2. All Glass and Chrome Trim and anything that might become embedded in the track, must
be removed before bringing the auto to the grounds. Also, car must be cleaned out
including the truck. Don’t leave broken glass in the doors, clean them out. Fiberglass
nose pieces, wheel weights, headlight buckets, trunk and hood latches must be
removed. Windshield is optional.
3. A MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) GALLONS OF GASOLINE will be allowed. GAS TANKS,
metal only, may be moved to the truck but will not be allowed in the drivers
compartment unless covered by a firewall. Stock fuel tanks mounted in stock position
ahead of rear axle will be permitted. ONLY ONE (1) STOCK CAR BATTERY will be
allowed. Must be covered.
4. NO REINFORCEMENTS OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED. Trailer hitches must be
5. SAFETY BELTS AND HELMETS ARE REQUIRED.
6. DRIVERS MAY MANEUVER FORWARD OR BACKWARD. No deliberate head-on
collisions or deliberately ramming a driver’s door. This can lead to disqualification.
7. A TIME LIMIT will be set by the judges. IF A DRIVER DOES NOT HIT A LIVE CAR
WITHIN THE LIMIT, this can lead to disqualification. DO NOT PLAY POSSUM!
8. Do not weld or bolt hoods or truck lids down. Use wire.
9. Any cars left after midnight will become property of Fair.
10. THE DERBY WILL BE COMPOSED OF INDIVIDUAL HEATS AND A FEATURE with
cash prizes going to each heat winner and grand prize to the feature winner. Feature will
be comprised of winners and runners-up of each heat when show is singly derby event.
Feature will be comprised of winners of each heat from each show when there are 2 or
more derby events.
11. ADDITIONAL SAFETY REGULATIONS MAY BE IMPOSED depending on the track.
12. A 12 x 15 inch hole must be cut in the center of the hood
13. Rules are subject to change to fit the event. THE DECISION OF THE JUDGE IS FINAL.
14. No headers allowed.
Photo Credit: David Cockerham/Mirror Slap Photography